round and round...

Sunday, July 31, 2005

A trimming we will go...


Yesterday and then again this morning I trimmed the yard. This afternoon I plucked and trimmed my eyebrows and to be honest - I'm not sure which was more of a challenge. I don't have dark brows, they're a nice light brown color. But, man! I don't think they've ever been as noticeable. Maybe not as noticeable as this guy's - dangit, dude, so something about that shiznit. But, mine had filled in to disastrous proportions in my opinion. I can't recall the last time I plucked, but judging from the state of the thicket above my eyes it had to have been sometime during the Jurassic period. It was unbelievable. What I want to know is - how could I have so many stray little brow hairs up there and not notice them on a hair by hair basis? I mean, I caught a glimpse of myself in the visor mirror when we went to dinner last night and was appalled by what I saw. For a second I thought perhaps a battalion of very small soldiers had camped out on the high ridge above Eye Canyon, I was afraid they'd fire at will. Lucky for me, no battle ensued. It's that natural lighting - ladies (and some groom-friendly gents) you know what I'm talking about. That natural, true lighting that sometimes makes you look the most radiant, and yet at other moments can reveal even your most concealed flaws. Oh yes, it was that kind of light which exposed the brow thicket. Harsh, yes. But I was glad of it. If not for the cruel sunshine I might have never cut off the battalion at the pass and the fates that could have befallen me are too filled with doom to ponder.

I'm exhausted. It was one hell of a job ripping those tiny hairs from my face. Almost as hard as the weeding & raking this morning in the yard. Thankfully the tweezers didn't give me blisters. Damn rake. I hate you, rake. Suck it, rake.

2 What people are saying:

Blogger LisaGail rambles...

there is always the option of salon waxing...but I don't think they do yards.

7/31/2005 07:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

I'm usually so good about the plucking that it's no big deal. I think everything with the move to Miami set me back in the grooming department. Man, I wish salons did yards. For free.

I checked out your bio - you're right. DC is the shittiest place in the US. Well, it's close anyway.

7/31/2005 07:54:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home