round and round...

Monday, October 17, 2005

Crisis (Mostly) Avoided

The war wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I avoided serious battle injury, and actually was treated like a victorious general leading the troops across the great, bloody plain for some reason. The people here seem to think I'm some kind of genius simply because I come up with more efficient ways to do things and I have some semblance of an eye for design. It's pretty funny.

I was apologized to more times than I can count and told that I'm doing "a fantastic job" over and over again. It was kind of sickening. Don't get me wrong, I'll take the pats on the back. Those things were nice to hear, but by the end of the meeting it was fairly obvious to me that the people who have been slacking were just talking me up like the champ I am in order to defer attention from themselves. No one in charge will notice that they had shirked all criticism if they just compliment the living hell out of Melissa, apparently. It sort of worked, too, which was mondo disturbo.

In the end, there are a couple of new procedures in place that will hold people accountable for their own work. Those, in the end, will benefit me greatly. Someone got all defensive and shitty, but we expected that. I think she'll get over it. I know I'm not dwelling on it. I'm outtah here. Leftover pizza and a clear beer calls. Yes, clear beer is that funky Smirnoff malt beverage... you know, it's the new Zima. And the awful part is... I like it. Take that!

2 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Smirnoff Ice... MMMMMMMMM
I could use some right now. Fer sher. And it's only 9:17am. *sigh*

10/18/2005 09:18:00 AM

 
Blogger tess rambles...

I'm so with anonymous on that one... and its only 9:27am. I'm such a lush. LOL.

10/18/2005 12:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home