round and round...

Monday, October 10, 2005

Trivial Pursuits


The world keeps spinning when bad things happen. Life keeps carrying on and things move forward like every other day. I understand that, and yet I'm so easily annoyed by bitching and moaning about trivial trifles of daily life when there is some serious bad stuff going on. I realize this is very hypocritical coming from me - the woman who feels compelled to complain about the smallest of things whenever her little mind deems appropriate... or not even. But...

Today, in particular, it is quite difficult for me to stomach the whiney, nasal-toned droning coming from the "office" next to me. Texas Lady is doing some serious hubby-bashing in there. First, to him. They're on the phone and there is a whole lot of this going on: "No, I did not say that, so don't even try to tell me that I did. Sometimes you are so stupid it makes me wonder what you do all day. Can you breathe on your own?" Yep, nice, eh? It can't end there, though. Then she calls down to one of her friends who works on another floor to moan about him to her. "I really wonder why I married someone so beneath me." All this while surrounded by her diploma from the christian college she attended and certificates from her church for various volunteer events.

How about this? Be glad that you live in a nice house, in a nice neighborhood with big, shiny gates to keep all the slummy people you wouldn't dare associate with out and keep all the WASP-y people in. Revel in your paycheck and your vacation condo on the beach and your tennis club and your personal trainer. And please, if you're going to berate your husband in your office at least make the effort to close the door to give the appearance that you want some privacy. I don't need any more reasons to dislike you. Certainly not today. Be happy that you have someone who loves you. Be happy he wasn't crushed beneath tons of rubble in a massive earthquake. Be glad he wasn't killed in a car crash on a busy highway. If he's so beneath you, then leave his obviously pathetic behind and strike out on your own. I, for one, have a fresh perspective on my man thanks to the events of this weekend. Is he perfect? No. Am I perfect? Far from it. Does he love me? Yes. Does that make me a lucky woman? Absolutely. Do we get along and enjoy each others' company more than we don't? Yes. Do we support each other and act like partners? You betcha. Do we have an idyllic life? No. Are we putting together a plan to reach our goals together? Of course. So what do I have to complain about? You, Texas Lady. I've got you.

2 What people are saying:

Blogger tess rambles...

Sounds like we all are experiencing people with some rather lax phone ettiquette. LOL.

10/10/2005 06:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Blue rambles...

i emailed you, melissa, something that i hope will make you smile.

hope the email thing works - if it does and you get it, go to the gallery and look for the picture of the dress - click on that :)it made me smile :)

can't post it here in a comment and i don't want to update our blog just yet :)

take care

cat xx

10/11/2005 08:31:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home