round and round...

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

And The Hits Just Keep on Coming!


As I said to the man earlier, "Whoever said it's location, location, location had never heard of timing, timing, timing." As if the powers that be somehow knew we got an offer on the house this morning - here at work it was just overheard through the
"walls" of Texas Lady's "office" that the entire department would be cut in 8 weeks. They're outsourcing what we do. No announcement has been made to us yet, but we've been expecting this for awhile now so at least no one's in shock. I'm just a contractor, so my departure wouldn't have impacted them too terribly much - another warm body would be brought in to fill my spot and the wheel would keep turning. But now I can avoid the unpleasantries of having to leave of my own accord. Hmm, I wonder when they'll give me the axe.

Hey, by the way - American Idol rejects are deliciously fun to watch. Miss Fire & I both watched them make fools of themselves while seated comfortably on our respective couches in our respective parts of Florida (read: hell) while sipping gin & tonics. Coincidences make life interesting, don't they?

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I hope there's a severance package? If so that's even better than leaving of your own accord. Aren't you a little nervous though?

1/18/2006 02:58:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Sandra - severance would be great, but I'm a contractor on an hourly basis, I got bupkis. boo! It's alright, though. It lets me get to NYC faster to find a position up there. Nervous? A little. But I'm always a little nervous. I sent out a flurry of resumes today. Hopefully one will garner at least an interview.

dkbp73 - You have got to be kidding me about that fender bender. People are so damn litigious. Gross. I hope he gets nothing and it costs you guys nothing but aggrevation. And yes - escapism rocks. What's on tonight? Oh yeah, only the BEST REALITY SHOW EVER - Project Runway. Or, as Kristie says "Last Fashionista Standing". I'm such an addict.

K - those days seem like a lifetime ago. Truth be told, I think I'd be in need of some serious therapy if I hadn't left NYC for awhile, though (as if I'm not now, snarf snarf). As much as I despise Miami, NYC was becoming toxic for me when I was getting ready to leave. Everything with Nicole and Polo was dragging me down in a big way. It's kind of like I needed a big dose of Floridian shit to snap me back into thinking NYC is my idyllic grungy paradise again. And I do think that. It's flawed and beautiful. Like I said in my first blog post ever - it'll cut you and then dress your wounds. I love that place.

1/18/2006 03:35:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Take it from an actor...contract termination/end = unemployment $! At least til you land on your feet...

1/19/2006 02:25:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

I don't know what your employment laws are - but it sounds as if you are part of the outsourcing already, if you are a contractor?

In any case, be sure to tell Cuban lady what a joy it has been working with her on the way out?

1/19/2006 06:15:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home