round and round...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sunny Side Up


I'm feeling rather blah today. Could be that I'm actually working at work (it's a rare thing), could be that I had a less than enjoyable conversation with the man last night, could be that Cuban Lady is making it harder and harder to occupy the cube next to her, could be that I got about an hour of sleep last night as a result of the afore-mentioned conversation and some kicking allergies. Whatever it is, I'm tired and borderline cranky.

On the bright side:

1) I sent my resume off for a position that sounds right up my alley this morning. The fact that I'm so interested in it will probably mean that I'll never hear from them, but it's nice to hope. I have industry experience and, damnit, I'm an asset.

2) I worked out last night and I'm going to do it again tonight. I've realized (with Kristie's help) that I have to exercise every day. I can't say I'm going to do it 3-4x a week because I'll put it off and put it off, and then the end of the week comes and I didn't work out. Yuck. It's all or nothing. Last night felt good, I'm hoping tonight does, too.

3) There are 2 people coming to look at the house today. Maybe our agent will have some good news soon. Open house on Sunday generated a good amount of traffic, but we've had good traffic the whole 4 months since the listing. Well, almost 4 months. 4 months! Yikes. Good news would be nice.

4) I love the blogosphere. I do. You can find anything in this whacked-out realm. If it's weird, people blog about it. If it's cool, people blog about it. Kinky, political, artistic, urban, rural, professional, humorous, serious... people blog about it. I think that rocks.

5) This picture is funny.

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

AAAAAAAHHHHH When I think about open houses that's the show I think of!!! Oh gawd, the first episode where the woman rubbed her forehead and said she was on her 8th open house and then her agent didn't even show up... oh the horror! We're a little obsessed with GHTV in our house. We might need a 12 step.

It's been windy here, too! What's going on in FL lately? Tampon, Miami, they're all screwed. I've been fighting the urge to take Benadryl because I know it works, but that shit knocks me right out. Maybe after I work out...

1/17/2006 03:38:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

No allergy problems in Steak City. Though mine have gotten a lot better in recent years.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get a phat job in NYC. Then we can party all summer, and I can be a regular character in your blog!

1/18/2006 12:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Deadly Female rambles...

No sleep doesn't sound good - hope that sorts itself out. And I had to look twice at that picture!

1/18/2006 07:22:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Working out is good. I tell myself that every night and manage to eek some sort of physical activity out of my tired body. You can do it!!!

That just sucks about the job interview in NYC - still no word?

Sending you house selling vibes...I lived in Miami when I was younger - the memories are bleak.

1/18/2006 09:47:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home