round and round...

Monday, January 09, 2006

Snore


I realize this makes me seem rather socially unconscious, but I'm annoyed that NPR is starting "gavel to gavel" coverage of the confirmation hearings of Samuel Alito at noon. Now, I know I should care about the future of my nation's Supreme Court, and I do - but I can't sit through another afternoon of these pompous blowhards spouting their political filth while trying to magnify Alito's views or villify them. He thinks what he thinks and you can't expect him to espouse his personal opinions on sensitive subjects when, if he's doing his job the right way, his personal opinions have no bearing on his rulings pertaining to the law of the land. Agree or disagree with him, a judge's job is to rule based upon law. Hopefully that's what he'd do. I'm not sure about that, but can anyone be? Not until he's got a case in front of him. I'm dissatisfied in a very bi-partisan way with government lately and hours upon end of policitos shouting at each other, being generally belligerant and personifying everything I hate about DC is not what I need this afternoon. I think I might be forced to go to the pop music station. It's the only other station I can get on this dinky radio.

Hey - happy Monday! It's a pretty good one down here in Miami. The man made my lunch today. How nice is that?

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Alito has talked about 'using the Supreme Court' to push the pro-life agenda in the past, so it's doubtful he'll purely follow the constitution, but who knows what's true anymore. I agree it's hard to listen to all this stuff, I switched to pop music a while ago, it makes driving much more fun!

1/09/2006 11:15:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

I think it's going to be the only way to hang onto my remaining shred of sanity today. I'm trying not to fall into the trap of listening to what people said 20 years ago and take it as what they'd do now. I'd hate it if someone took something I said during the Reagan years and tossed it in my face today, but then again I'm not a public figure... Alito makes me nervous. I don't want anyone telling me what I can and cannot do with my very own corpus.

Bring on the Christina Aguilera.

1/09/2006 11:22:00 AM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

This is why I got out of politics. I'm just going to continue to sit here in my pajamas...maybe put in a movie or go to the gym...

1/09/2006 02:02:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home