round and round...

Sunday, January 08, 2006

For the record...


It's 68 today. People are still wearing winter coats, scarves, mufflers of various sorts, hats that look like they're preparing for an arctic excursion and gloves. It's rather amusing. And ridiculous. The man and I had breakfast on the beach yesterday and there were restaurants that had heaters outside for their patios. Um, it's almost 70. But hey, who I am to judge. I'm just a Yankee who grew up in cold weather. Breakfast was lovely, the food was amazing (whole wheat granola pancakes with bananas and chocolate chips - yep, it was decadent but it had granola and whole wheat so I didn't feel quite so bad, plus there was the requisite fruit cup to asuage any residual chocolate chip guilt), our waiter was great and we sat outside and had a nice time.

This morning, rather than taking another trip to the beach, we did our new workout video in the living room. Sounds corny, but it'll kick your ass. Budokan with Cameron Shayne - it's a combo of yoga, karate and Qigong meditation. It rocks. I'm not big on videos, but this thing is fantastic. Tip: if you put a yoga mat on a sisal rug you'll end up sliding into the next room, so move that rug. We got our butts kicked and then I made eggs & toast. Not nearly as good as the banana chocolate chip orgy of yesterday, but it was pretty darn tasty nonetheless.

What's on my plate for today? Laundry, grocery, and an attempt to copy a pattern I saw online last night for this crazy wrap-dress from the 60s. It's so cool. Wish me luck, I might end up using 4 yds. of muslin to get this thing right. But hey, Project Runway ain't got nuthin' on me. *grin*

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Deadly Female rambles...

68 degrees and people are wrapped up???? I'd be passing out!

1/09/2006 06:32:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Just don't put too many 'detachable flowers' on this dress, that's what got Guadalupe booted last week....

1/09/2006 11:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

That dress was dangerously bad. But so was Marla's. What was she thinking??? You can't copy Chloe and expect no one to notice. Sheesh

1/09/2006 01:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

I was doing okay, and then I read your post..and suddenly realised that I've wasted 5 days of my life when I could have been directing a video, or knitting a woolly hat and scarf...or just generally doing something useful. Damn your eyes...oh, and Happy New Year

1/10/2006 09:00:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home