round and round...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Yo, Mel Raps!


That's a bold-faced lie. I don't rap. Julie does, I just kind of roughly sing along pathetically trying to be as "hard" as I can. Even when it's a Beastie Boys song. Um, what's so hard about the Boys? That would be nothing. I mean, I love those crazy Jews, but ain't nothing too street about them. Suits me just fine. For the past month I've had "An Open Letter to NYC" stuck in my head. It's been the constant background track for my life. It's such a stark contrast to everything that's Miami. I love it. It's totally goofy, but at the end is actually quite poignant.

Just a little something to show some respect
To the city that blends and mends and tests
Since 911 we're still livin'
And lovin' life we've been given
Ain't nothing gonna take that away from us
Were lookin' pretty and gritty 'cause in the city we trust
Dear New York I know a lot has changed
2 towers down but you're still in the game
Home to many rejecting no one
Accepting peoples of all places, wherever they're from

Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Staten
From the Battery to the top of Manhattan
Asian, Middle-Eastern and Latin
Black, White, New York you make it happen



Totally unrelated notes: Kristie likes gummi pizza candy - I think that's disgusting. MT is hilarious and I hope he has a fun NYE. Jess started her new job and is moving. I am so sleepy that I could fall asleep at my desk right now. This weekend I'm going to make latkes, even though they won't be nearly as good as Shira's. This morning the 8:20 bus never came (late to work again), so I called the transit office to tell them and lodged complaints about all the whack shit that goes down on those buses.

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

word

12/28/2005 01:31:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

When do you just give up on the bus? The day's gotta be coming soon...

12/28/2005 11:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

The day will come when I'm back in NYC and I can take the goddamn train. Well, if MTA isn't striking, that is. :) Oh, those days... how I long for them. Until then, I'm not buying a car. I refuse.

12/29/2005 10:54:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home