round and round...

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Act 2 Is Never Quite As Much Fun...

Dishes. They are the dreaded second act to the wonders of the dinner first act. You have a fantastic holiday dinner with all the trimmings and you relish every bite... and then there are the dishes to do. Yuck. It's like there's a whole childlike celebration with gifts and over-eating and twinkling lights and laughter and then *boom* there you go, a sink full of dishes need to be washed and you're the adult, you cooked the meal, and there's no mom to help you in the kitchen. Blech.

The man and I had a superb dinner. I highly recommend smoked turkey. If you've not had this tasty treat you really should take a trip to the grocery. Tender and juicy and freaking yummy. We just got a breast and popped it in the oven for about an hour while I cooked everything else - absolutely delicious. Kristie was so right. Imagine that... that woman is ALWAYS right. No, really - she is. Just ask her, she'll tell you. *wink wink*

I must say - despite all my hemming and hawwing and bitching and moaning - this particular Christmas (although in Miami) was quite nice. The man is wonderful and just being with him is a gift in itself. He not only gave me a dress form (which I so greatly needed) he also gave me 2 fashion books that are already a big help to me. And - get this - my parents sent me a laptop. A brand new laptop! I can't believe it. I'm still in shock. I wasn't expecting this at all and it's really so extravagant it hasn't sunk in yet. I'm feeling rather like Ralphie when he gets the Red Rider BB gun in A Christmas Story. Well, before he shoots his eye out, of course.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the kitchen to get some leftover cranberry sauce. Yum!

1 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

I'm snickering like mad. :)

GAWSH

hahahaha

12/27/2005 10:32:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home