round and round...

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Please... for my sake, SHUT UP!

The gift and food induced stupor has officially worn off and Cuban Lady is back to officially annoying me. I don't understand why she feels the need to raise her voice and talk over everyone she has a conversation with, but she does it. She'll ask a question, stop speaking briefly (seemingly anticipating an answer to her question), and then when the person starts to answer her she raises her voice and talks over them. I don't get it. She's been on the phone all day, and since she sits right next to me I've heard her practically screaming in various languages I don't understand since about 10:15. I'm doing my best to tune her out and concentrate on my work, but even the bagel wasn't enough to distract me from the sound of her gratingly nasal amped-up voice. I'm going to get my yummy turkey sandwich I brought for lunch - hopefully the chewing will drown out some of her volume.

Also, Sales Guy is getting his work review in Texas Lady's "office" right now and I can hear every word. I'm really not trying. In fact, it's a wonder I hear anything over Cuban Lady's yelling, alas I can. He's not exactly having a super day, let's put it that way.

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Fish rambles...

read this post alone, and you'd be forgiven for thinking every day is like this...but combine it with your previous post, and you get the ups and downs of office society..do you think Cuban lady is better or worse from day to day, or does it depend what mood 'you' are in?

by the way, I'd genuinely like your reaction to my "through a glass darkly". I'm really not sure what the political views on your side of the puddle are, whether they are more radical than this?

12/21/2005 06:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Cuban Lady is bad all the time - she's just more tolerable when I'm in a temporary uber-happy state. Luckily I'm not the only one she drives to madness, at least that's validating.

As for Iran - I think he's an ass. Personally I'd like time with him in a dark alley. But that goes for most "world leaders" in my opinion. I understand his motives, and I totally understand your analysis of Iran's position in the middle East and the "free world's" resistance to take any action until the balance is severely threatened. It's always about protecting your own interests, isn't it? That doesn't make it right and it doesn't mean that anyone should or shouldn't do something about it. I happen to side with Israelis on most issues when it comes to Palestinians, and that's not a popular viewpoint over here. But then again, siding with the Palestinians isn't popular either. Ask most people here what their opinions are and their answers tend to be based on whether or not they sympathize more with Muslims or Jews - there's a general lack of knowledge when it comes to world affairs. Their opinions aren't based on an understanding of the situation, rather they're based on preconveived notions of religion and ethnicity. So, the political views over here are muddy at best. Most folks hardly keep up with what's happening in their own backyards.

12/21/2005 09:18:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

thank you, then we are the same, we have preconceived notions of "ethnic" traits, and they are reinforced with poor, sensationalist journalsism that is more interested with the what than the why...

oh, Merry Christmas by the way!!

12/22/2005 07:55:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home