round and round...

Thursday, January 05, 2006

My best friend is a hoot!

Kristie wrote this today and it made me laugh so hard that I disturbed people in the office. (it was awesome, too bad Cuban Lady isn't here to hear it - she's on vacation... again) Kristie's so right. Why do people do this stuff? I've said for years that the only initials or name I ever want to wear are my own. I'm not going to pay my hard earned money to wear someone else's name. No way. Pay me to advertise for you and perhaps I'll consider wearing that Gucci label, but it just smacks of pretention and insecurity to me. If I'm not going to wear a high-end label, you can bet your sweet patootie that I'm not going to leave that tag on my purse, you know the one - it's leather, it's attached with keychain links and its only true purpose is a tag that's supposed to be removed! Take those tags off your purses, ladies. Please. And while we're at it, don't ever... and I mean EVER... put your belt through the label on the back of your jeans. That is not a beltloop. I don't care if it says Levis or Old Navy or Prada - it's a label, it's not a beltloop. Thank you, I needed to get that out. Now, please obey.







BELTLOOP, put belt through this










NOT A BELTLOOP, don't put belt through this

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Melissa rambles...

It's the worst. It ranks right up there with the purse tags.

1/05/2006 01:08:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I'm sick and tired of seeing the waistband of Hilfiger DRAWS showing at the top of men's pants too.

1/05/2006 03:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Oh man, that's one we both overlooked. I'm so with you on that.

1/05/2006 04:18:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Wait, though...if you start designing stuff, do I have permission to put my belt loop through your label?

(That sounded really dirty...)

1/05/2006 04:47:00 PM

 
Blogger Deadly Female rambles...

It used to be leather Kickers clouds on your shoes over here - some kids even had maybe 20 of them hanging from their shoelaces. Its just not right.

And K Lance - you made me choke with that last comment!

1/06/2006 05:30:00 AM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Um...no comment...I was again going to say something dirty.

1/08/2006 12:15:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home