round and round...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Ready to Jet


I have lots to blog about, but I'm in a bit of a tornado of work here at the office today. I'll be in NYC tomorrow through Monday, so I've got lots to finish up before I leave. Hopefully I'll get to jump on and post again this afternoon or this evening. For the moment, let me give you a little taste of what this morning has been like:

  • The bus people have made good on their claim - there was, indeed, a supervisor monitoring the route today. A Miami-Dade Transit vehicle was parked at the stop this morning and there was a guy taking notes from inside. Hmm. Also, the bus driver must have asked the passengers 3x if anyone needed a bus schedule. It was nice. Usually the slots that hold the brochures are empty. Way to be pro-active, dude. I hope he drives again tomorrow.


  • The Dianne Rheam show on NPR has a debate going on right now about abortion legislation. Needless to say, the anti-choice woman is pissing me off. I wish people could debate this issue w/o resorting to stupid tactics like name-calling and condescention. If you act holier-than-thou people are far less apt to take your point to heart. Seriously, lady, don't say that life begins at conception and then say that it's an undisputed fact. It is a disputed topic. Warning: do not enter a battle of wits unarmed. And by the way - the morning after pill is not an abortion. I'm not going to say it's an undisputed fact, because there are people who disagree, but in my opinion (and those of most folks I know) the MAP is not an abortion.


  • Work has been interesting... and it's only 10:45. See below.

I just got major attitude from this woman who does more real estate work than the work she's paid to do when she's here (I'm surprised she hasn't gotten fired, that's how bad she is). You see, here in FL just about every 3rd person is a real estate agent in addition to whatever else they do for work. This woman doesn't have a CD drive on her machine (how can you not have a CD drive in 2006?), so every once in awhile I load a disk of pics onto my machine and email them to her as a favor (which I shouldn't do, because she's a stupid whore). They're always various house pics for some client of hers. She thinks I'm too dumb to notice that it's not office work. Uh, OK, lady. Last time the files were too large to be sent via our email server at work, so I emailed them to her personal account via my personal account.

She came over this morning and asked me to do it again with another disk, but to send it to a 3rd party (read: real estate client). I said I would do it, but if the files were too large like last time that I'd email them to her personal account. She goes, "No, to this person." and pointed to the email address of the 3rd party. I told her I didn't feel comfortable sending the files to a 3rd party with my personal email account and she got all huffy with me. The whole time, I kept thinking *this time tomorrow you'll be in Brooklyn, this time tomorrow you'll be in Brooklyn, ohm....* Now I'm trying not to tell her to fuck off.

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Jenn rambles...

Have fun!!

1/25/2006 01:34:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

tell her off. TELL HER!!!

1/25/2006 03:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

You shoulda emailed pics of some disgusting trailer park with no double-wides to that 3rd person. Heh.

1/25/2006 04:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home