round and round...

Monday, January 23, 2006

So glad it's not raining shit


When it rains it pours, and it was a torrential downpouring of shit for a bit there. Now it's like sunshine and roses, so things in Melissaland are much brighter lately. First, there's the obvious good-news-item that my boys are going to Detroit. My Steelers are going to the Superbowl and I think they're walking away with the title this time.

The man is having a good time working for the agency he's with now and I feel really good about the fact that he's feeling good about it. He's getting great feedback and getting to actually do work that he enjoys. He signed the paperwork to sell the house Saturday morning. Closing will be the end of February. As if that's not good enough news in and of itself, I checked my email just before leaving to head to the real estate office that morning and found a lovely little message from a company I had sent my resume to earlier in the week.

They want me to come in for an interview this week, so I'm off to NYC on Thursday morning. Not only do they want to interview me, they want to bring me in for a position higher and better than the one I applied for. Said they were impressed with my range of experience and skills and all that nice stuff. I'm interested in the position and they're interested in me - let's hope this works out.

In addition, I went to a shop I buy t-shirts from last night because I had done a shirt for Kristie and when I had finished sewing everything onto it I noticed a gap in one of the shoulder seams. I had already worked on the shirt, so I couldn't exchange it for another one. I just sewed up the gap and it's fine, but I thought it would be nice if I could get a discount off the next shirt I buy since had I brought the plain shirt back to the store, surely they'd have replaced it. I showed it to the girl at the counter, who proceeded to flip out about the design I had done and called another girl over to see it. They both loved it and called a 3rd girl over, who then flipped out in her own right and called a guy over. They all really liked the shirt so I gave them my cards and told them that I'd be happy to do some things for them. They have to wear the shop's clothes when they're working, but they're allowed to personalize them. I'm going to follow up with them next week and hopefully sell some things. Wouldn't that be nice?

A sold house, a (possible) new job, some designs in the hands of paying customers... it's a good day in Miami.

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Fish rambles...

fantastic!!

Crap everywhere and I can smell the roses from here!

1/23/2006 11:40:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Totally a good day. Love it when that happens. Say - is it alright if I link to your blog from mine?

1/23/2006 04:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Will you be posting a pic of the lovely shirt??

1/23/2006 04:59:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

I can't wait 'til I get famous and then I can casually namedrop you on E!, like, "Yeah, this is a Melissa original...we go way back, you know..."

1/24/2006 01:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Deadly Female rambles...

That is a very good day in Miami! Do we get to see the shirt??

1/24/2006 03:29:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

#1) You guys are awesome. You really are. I love that people I know outside the blogosphere and those I know only in cyber-land are busting my chops for this shirt. It's pretty encouraging and I appreciate you folks coming here and reading my drivel and encouraging me to be creative. Gives me the warm fuzzies.

#2) I will, indeed, post a pic of it, but I want Kristie to have it in-hand first. It's for her, and she hasn't seen it yet. So, as soon as it's out of the mail and in her grubby little hands there will be a pic right here on this very blog. But, rest assured, it's cool.

1/24/2006 10:33:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home