round and round...

Thursday, January 19, 2006

6 Weeks, What? WOW

The offer on the house will be final as of Saturday morning when everything is signed. Closing will be at the end of Feb. That means 6 weeks from now we're moving. My favorite thing - gee, can't wait. When it comes to moving, I'm with Kristie. She hates it, I hate it, it's just generally not a fun thing to do. Yes, the clearing out of all clutter is a good thing, the thinning of your belongings is a good thing, but the packing and the actual moving is so awful.

Tricky part about this move is that the man has to be in SoFl until June. So he's going to find a short-term apt. and I have to figure out if I'm going to NYC or staying here. If I stay here with him I won't have a job (thanks to the corporate downsizing in yesterday's post), and will have to get some sort of menial job because I'd only need it until June. It makes sense to go to NYC so I can find a job, a real one, and at least one of us will have good employment in our actual field when he comes up in June. So I think that will be the plan. Now I need to figure out when my employment is going to finish up so I can make arrangements to get up to Brooklyn. I'm so excited about going back, but sad about being away from the man for a few months. Hell, we did the distance thing before, I just don't like it. Not that I can't handle it, I just don't want to be there w/o him and Duke.

But this is bright side time - the house is going to sell, the ratified contract will be in the man's hands on Saturday morning, and we're getting back to NYC. This is awesome!

3 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

Congrats! The city wants me to pass along her best wishes, and she's anxious for you to get there. (The city and I are pretty close...we were pretty hot and heavy for a few years there...)

1/19/2006 06:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

hey well done - if it's anything like it is here, it's the worst time of year for that sort of thing, the market is sooo slow after the holidays - everyone's broke.

But I think I'd rather just leave everything and start again than pack....

1/20/2006 10:45:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

The best part of moving though? No mortgage payment the first month! Woo hoo!

1/20/2006 07:56:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home