round and round...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

True Respect and an Idiot


Firstly - Coretta Scott King, thank you. Thank you for holding your husband's message up to the light and keeping the public eye focused on the injustice of discrimination. Thank you for standing up for civil rights in all forms - race, sexuality, age, economy, etc. - and being a face that showed the pain and hope of the 1960s and kept that alive for generations to come. You will be missed.

Second - and far, far less important. Sales Guy here at work is pissing me off. As I've explained to him multiple times (read: at least 2x a week since August) I do not have access to company email addresses other than the ones from this department. I'm a contractor, I have limited access rights for the various systems we use here. He knows I can't send emails to anyone outside this small section of cubicles. And yet, he asks me to send things all the time. Like just now, AGAIN. I said, "Sales Guy, I've told you literally a hundred times that I can't send things outside this department." He said, "Is that because you don't want to?" I couldn't stand it. I couldn't freaking stand it. I looked at him, and with a straight face said, "Yep, it sure is." It was fun watching him walk away, bewildered.

Third - Cuban Lady keeps farting and it smells like death.

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Sapphire rambles...

Stupid people make life entertaining Mel. :o) You should've said, "Here's your sign." LOL

1/31/2006 07:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Hmm. I thought from your title that you met my Idiot. Lucky for you - not so.

I am chuckling, still, at your comment to the sales guy. So fun to be wicked some times.

And EWWWWW about Cuban lady. That's disgusting. How do people not know they do that? Or do they not care?

1/31/2006 09:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

Lucky you, to work with "Luke Shitetalker" and "Fart Vader".

(There's a guy in our office, and I once made reference to his irritating bowel syndrome - and he corrected me, "I think you'll find it's 'irritable' bowel syndrome"....can you see my reply coming? "Well it irritates the f#ck out of me"! ta da!!)

2/01/2006 09:15:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

by a strange coincidence, I think we might just have lost a colleague in the wake of a fart..

2/01/2006 11:54:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home