round and round...

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Creative Inspiration

You know how I set up my sewing desk a couple weeks ago? Well, it's been fantastic having it all built and ready whenever I feel the creative impulse overtake my being. Which, by a great stroke of luck, has been happening a lot lately. Feeling inspired and all that.

Last night I reincarnated a t-shirt. It was so much fun I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. It was huge and now it's this hot little, sleeveless tunic with cool straps, funky stitching and gathered shoulder seams. Once I get my camera up and running again I'll post a pic. It was super fun to work on because it was so large to start, so there was lots of fabric to play with. Plus, it's a leftover from MT's old band (I know a lot of MTs. This particular MT is a kickass musician, funny man and all around awesome individual.). He designed the silkscreen on the back and it's a very sweet image. It's nice to rework a piece that has meaning. The band was a big part of him for a long time and there's something special about giving new life to something that would have otherwise sat in a closet forever. He saw it today and got a kick out of it, which felt nice. Told me he saw someone in a mall once wearing one of the t-shirts and it was a surreal and very cool feeling. I can only imagine that's what it will feel like someday when I see someone walking down the street wearing a dress I made.

1 What people are saying:

Blogger The Rover rambles...

Can I be the first guy to model your creations? I'd be honored, even though I don't look all that great in a dress.

And, by the way, is my sweatshirt ready?

6/16/2006 02:01:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home