round and round...

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Interview Me

This is something I saw on Rover's blog and then on L. Britt's. I asked L. Britt to interview me, so her questions (really good ones) are below along with my answers.

The Rules: Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me.” I respond by asking you five personal questions (I will leave these questions for you in my comments) so I can get to know you better. If I already know you well, expect the questions may be a little more intimate! You WILL update your journal/bloggy thing/whatever with the answers to the questions (please don't leave your answers in my comments unless you don't have a blog). You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1. What's the favorite part of your body, from your neck down?

My back. I love it. I have freckles that I used to hate, but now I think they give me character. There's a cluster of them right between my shoulder blades that I particularly like. I have a sexy back.

2. Are you still making reincarnated t-shirts?

I hadn't for quite awhile because I got sidetracked by my day job (which has turned into a day/evening/sometimes into the wee hours job) plus I was getting Fetching Couture off the ground. But lately I've been tinkering with t-shirts again and it's been really fun. It's made me realize how much I've missed it. It also helps that the weather isn't so frigid anymore. There's something very difficult about making a garment that's better suited for warmer weather when it's grey and freezing outside.

3. Does he offer you anything unique as a friend that you can't get from a less "touchy situation?"

This was a hard one because it made me think about a lot of things that I mislead myself about for a long, long time. It's not about what he offers me, because he doesn't offer anything at this point. It's about what I wish he would have offered when he could/should have. That in itself is absurd because it's all about the past, not about the present and certainly not about the future. I'm attached to the idea of what I want him to be and not to him. I want him to be well adjusted and truthful and earnest and genuine. I want him to be a friend. No, he can't offer me anything unique. I want him to, but he can't.

4. Do you think you'll be engaged by the end of 2007?

I think so, yes. We talk about being married. We talk about our future. We both want it. I'm really happy about going through this journey with MT. He's an amazing partner. I love him more all the time.

5. Why does sadness scare you?

This one took a lot of thinking. Sadness scares me because I view it as a personal failure. When I am sad I get angry with myself. I'm usually a very upbeat person and when I'm not feeling positive I think I'm doing something wrong. 6-7 months ago I would have laughed that off as a silly personality quirk. But now I see sadness as the door opening slightly to let depression back in. I'm afraid that every bad day is a slippery slope.

Labels:

10 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Very good questions and answers. Yay for engagements (and sparkly diamond rings!)

4/11/2007 10:42:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I'll bite. Interview me. (YIKES!!)

4/11/2007 05:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Jenn -

1. If you had it to do over again would you marry Douchie Doucherton? Taking everything into consideration...

2. What's the greatest lesson you learned from your family? (besides airline safety!)

3. If you could have any meal with no regard for price or location - what would you eat and where?

4. What is your favorite thing about a man? Doesn't have to be about a particular man - it can be men in general.

5. Of all the things your daughter does what is your favorite? I imagine there are all sorts of things that maker her who she is, but what thing do you love the most?

I can't wait to see your answers! I'm off to the gym for strip-a-robics. Seriously. I'm going to a class called Strip Bar. *giggle*

4/11/2007 05:51:00 PM

 
Blogger L. Britt rambles...

Your turn...interview me.

4/11/2007 10:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Alrighty then...

L. Britt -

1. What do you think you'll miss most about this city when you go?

2. Is there anything about your doctoral program that scares the pants off of you?

3. How long until you think you'll tie the knot with The Mormon?

4. If you could change one physical part of yourself what would it be?

5. If you could change one psychological/emotional part of yourself what would it be?

4/11/2007 11:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Pam rambles...

Insert deep breath here, okay, ready, interview me

Cheers!

4/12/2007 02:22:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

::kisses your forehead and smiles::
love you girl. :)

4/12/2007 01:42:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

interview me! Hi melissa- we need to have our big hang out! Its a long time coming

4/13/2007 03:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Okie dokie...

Pam -

1. What do you miss most about the States?

2. What's the most entertaining thing you've learned about French culture that you didn't expect?

3. If you could have any indulgence in the world, what would it be?

4. What is the next big hurdle you'd like to overcome in your life?

5. Courtesy of L. Briit - what is your favorite part of your body from the neck down?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And Beebs -

1. How did you like your brunch this mornin? *tee hee*

2. What is the biggest challenge in your life right now?

3. If you could have any job in the world - I mean any - what would you want it to be?

4. Of all the things you're proud of, what is the thing that stands out in your mind?

5. What article of clothing in your wardrobe makes you feel the sexiest?

4/14/2007 07:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Pam rambles...

Done! Thanks for the interview!
Cheers,
Pam

4/15/2007 02:38:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home