round and round...

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Re... births

This is on postsecret this week. It struck me that there have been a number of days in my life when I've felt really reborn. Or maybe not even reborn, but born for the first time. Days when something has happened and I've had a realization, an epiphany about my being and my existence that causes me to see the world with new eyes and hear the sounds of the planet with fresh ears. After a period of darkness it's always refreshing to see that other people can find their new selves in this mess, too, and that as long as we all keep trying there's a good chance that this hope I carry inside isn't for naught.

I'm happy for this new girl. From the stats alone she's a lot like me. I hope she has a wonderful journey in this new land she's found.

Labels: , ,

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I am curious about which celeb pays her mucha $ .....

the new birth one is great too.

3/12/2007 09:32:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

I kinda felt re-born when I left my old job and moved to IL --- because my old job was so stressful and toxic (and I had someone there harrassing me and making my life living hell just before I left...) It felt so freeing, so liberating!

Yeah, I'm with Patti - I'd love to know about that other one. (Or if it's really true)

3/12/2007 10:20:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

I really like that concept.

I think the feeling of rebirth only comes to those of us who can look inside ourselves and really SEE what's there.

3/13/2007 08:32:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

i thought the same thing when i saw that. i hope to have a rebirth like that sometime soon.

3/13/2007 10:50:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Postsecret is amazing sometimes, thanks for sharing this, I really like it. I'm ready for an epiphany myself, let's hope we all have one soon.

3/15/2007 02:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home