round and round...

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Painted Ladies

OK, so we're practically naked in this one, but it's not indecent. This is the first shot we've gotten back from the photo shoot. The rest are in the mail on disc headed to Kristie's house at the moment. I'm looking forward to getting more so you can really see the paint. It was fantastic. Went from our fingertips to our toes. Very cool. I'll probably post a few more when we get 'em. They'll be "clean", don't worry. ;)

You know what the best part was? Feeling comfortable in my own skin. Comfortable enough to strip down to my knickers, have a practical stranger paint my body and then pose for photos. Crazy. And so much fun. We had a blast. Talk about your liberating experiences. I spent much of my life being very self conscious and it felt amazing to embrace the beauty in my body.

Women everywhere - there is beauty in you. Even the parts that jiggle, the parts you despise, the parts you try your best every day to cover up. The "if only" parts. You know the ones. The ones that make you say, "I'd go to the beach this year if only I didn't feel so ugly in my bathing suit." Trust me, even those parts hold some magic. There was 50 lbs more of me a few years back. I've got the stretch marks to prove it. And you know what? They photographed just fine. Magic. It's there.

Labels: ,

11 What people are saying:

Blogger Jenn rambles...

Ok...that's totally somebody's wet-dream. You guys look HOT!

I'm so glad you found the magic...it's there.

1/25/2007 01:33:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

funny, my mom wrote me an email after i sent her some of our pics... and said 'you guys could make a lot of money!'
thanks, mom. ;)

1/25/2007 02:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

That is GORGEOUS! Definitely there's magic there.

1/25/2007 04:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

The paintwork is beautiful and the photography is stunning! You look like a professional model girl! Absolutely gorgeous!

Sounds like it really WAS a liberating, amazing experience that will have a positive impact on how you feel about yourself, and your body.

What a beautiful work of art!

1/25/2007 05:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Thanks, you guys! It really was amazing.

Jenn - *giggle* *blush*

Sandra - Magic, indeed. Talk about liberation...

retro girl - Wait 'til you're able to see all the paint. It was really gorgeous.

K-dizzle - *snort* I sure could use a little extra cash.

1/25/2007 10:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Mrs. S. rambles...

Look at you!! You should model girl! Absolutely gorgeous!

1/25/2007 11:02:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Ummmmmmmm...yes.

('Course, that's been my answer for 15 years.)

1/26/2007 02:05:00 AM

 
Blogger Pam rambles...

Yep, I know those bits that jiggle (and are not supposed to!) and the "if only" parts really well! To be comfortable in your own skin, especially when you haven't been, is a tremendous gift...look at that photo - inner beauty is shining through and the painting is a lovely frame!

1/26/2007 02:08:00 AM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

the paint is a distraction from the look of....serenity (?)...on your face

1/26/2007 08:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Harajuku PearL rambles...

blog hoping and bump into this blog of yours and simply love it...Great on wat you've done here...a definite link!..

Pearl

1/26/2007 12:28:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Lovely, Lovely, Lovely! You and Kris are awesome. I wish I could have been like you when I was your age! Y'all rock!

1/26/2007 02:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home