round and round...

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Where has my winter gone?

It's January 6th. It's 67 degrees outside and I have all the windows open. WTF? It is not supposed to feel like Spring. It's just not. I'm angry about it. This warm stuff has got me all screwed up. It's messing with my head. I completely missed winter last year. Miami was hot the whole time. No snow, no bundling up, no scarves, no gloves, no hot apple cider walking through the park. None of that. To say that I have been looking forward to this winter is a gross understatement.

Well, it's here and it's certainly not acting like much of a winter.





<< This is what my neighborhood should look like this time of year.




<< And this is what it actually looks like.








I'm off to take Duke to the park. Neither of us will be wearing a jacket. *sigh* Where has my winter gone? Brooklyn should be a wintry paradise right now.

Labels:

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

I wish it were in the 60's here heheh. I know, though, it does kinda make everything discombobulated, when your mind and body are expecting cold winds, snow and warm snuggly sweaters....

Thinking of you and Duke in the park makes me smile really big. :-)
I'm so so glad you're together with your puppy!!

1/06/2007 10:39:00 PM

 
Blogger Patti_Cake rambles...

Winter will come soon enough. It wasin the mid-70's here today but I had my taste of it in Wisconsin. I do understand where you're coming from though. Stocking caps & mittens look so-o-o-o cute!

1/07/2007 12:26:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I hate stocking caps and mittens. But that's because we usually have to wear them for 4-5 months a year. So I'm really enjoying this weather...planetary death or not. :-)

1/07/2007 09:52:00 AM

 
Blogger Caroline rambles...

I have two words for you: Global Warming.

Some people don't think global warming is happening, but just look around at the warm winters we are having. There was an interesting piece on CBS Sunday morning about all the birds that are not going south in the winter because the temps are so warm in NYC and DC.

1/08/2007 01:35:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

It's terribly sad. Way sadder for the planet than for me, I'm just disappointed. I'm mostly disappointed that we're doing such a good job of screwing the Earth.

1/09/2007 10:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Yep, Al Gore could use these pics in his slide show. Only a moron doesn't believe this is happening anymore. Being in Minnesota, I have to admit it's kind of *nice* to not be freezing this year, but it's scary too.

1/10/2007 11:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown rambles...

hehehehe - I DODGED winter this year! Or I thought I did. It's summer here but I still need a sweater....damn ozone hole...

1/12/2007 10:34:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home