round and round...

Friday, December 22, 2006

2 solid weeks of good


It might be a miracle. If those exist, that is. I've had 2 solid weeks of good stuff. Good feelings, good times, good thoughts (the occasional bad one has crept in there, but not super duper bad ones - I see that as progress!). I'm not thinking this as the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm way more realistic that that (read: cynical). However, even if everything is cyclical and things are bound to get drab again I know, at least, that there is hope for bright days now and then. That's got to be worth something, no?

I took a business trip to San Francisco and met my new clients. They're great. They're demanding and a bit high pressure, but they're great. Kristie came up for a weekend. MT went to visit his parents so we had the whole weekend to just be the silly chicks we are together (see 2 posts ago for more details). Being with her always does my heart and soul good. Then last weekend MT's sister came into town. I'd not met her before and was a bit nervous... we got along swimmingly. She's lovely and we had a grand time. This weekend we have a birthday party and then its off to Providence for Christmas with MT's family. The entire extended Italian lot of them! I'm a little nervous about that - but even the prospect of meeting all those people and always wanting to make a good impression isn't getting me down.

I'm up. I'm up for more than an afternoon for the first honest-to-goodness time in months. It's glorious and I'm basking in it.

P.S. The pic is because last night MT took me to Handel's Messiah at the historic Riverside Church on the Upper West. Gorgeous, old, amazing place. I'm not big on the whole Christ/God part (long story) but the music was beautiful and the mezzo-soprano blew my mind. She was fantastic. It was a really wonderful evening. It was also the first time I'd felt well enough in 3 days to leave the house. I've had the flu and been working from my bed in my robe. Thank goodness for remote desktop access. The good stuff continues...

Labels: , ,

6 What people are saying:

Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

What a beautiful cathedral! Great photo...I'm sure the music and the beauty of the place was very moving.

You sound like you are finding joy and peace and that is a wonderful thing. I wish you Happy Holidays and a new year filled with health and happiness!

12/22/2006 08:49:00 PM

 
Blogger James Burnett rambles...

That sanctuary is amazing. Carry those good feelings into the new year.

12/23/2006 12:27:00 AM

 
Blogger Pam rambles...

Cheers to basking in glory!

Happy Holidays Melissa!

12/23/2006 06:24:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I'm not big on the whole Christ/God thing either but I LOVE old cathedrals and other religious architecture...that church is breath-taking!

12/23/2006 03:40:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

goodie goodie gumdrops! you've been up for awhile and i'm so happy for you. i really am. *grin*

12/27/2006 10:35:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Happy Holidays Hon! Glad you & Kris had a good visit too. May your New Year be the best!

12/28/2006 02:04:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home