round and round...

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Pooches, Poori & Paint

MT isn't home right now. He's going through something eerily close to what I went through in August. He's at his ex-g/f's house spending what will be the last evening with the dog they got together a couple years back. He's dying. Inoperable liver cancer. It's bad. He's in and out of consciousness. Tomorrow morning he goes to the ASPCA and they'll hold his little paws as he gets put out of his pain.

He was a shelter dog, an adult dog, one who spent most of his life in a cage. His tail had to be amputated because the cage he lived in was so small his tail rubbed against it no matter how he laid down. He doesn't play much. He's skittish around most people. He had a hard life. The last couple years were great - he had a nice home with nice people who loved him. He went to the park every week. But right now all MT can do is think about how hard his life was and how no matter how much love there is now he can't make things any better.

I feel terrible for MT because I know all too well what it feels like to know that your beloved furry being is dying. It's hard when you're across the country (and the whole thing is a series of LIES) and it's hard when it's all going down in Brooklyn (and the whole thing is all too real). There's nothing MT can do to make the pooch feel better and there's nothing I can do to make MT feel better. Helplessness is a bad, bad feeling.

On another dog note... Duke and I shared some Indian food for dinner. Well, he ate his usual organic, all-natural, no fillers or preservatives super hipster dog food with a little bit of saffron rice mixed in. He spent a good 30 seconds in canine heaven... that's all it took to empty his bowl. I'm so glad he's here with me. Every day he makes me happy. I can't believe I thought he was gone.

On a non-canine note... Saturday morning I'm going to visit Kristie. It's going to be, oh, how you say... friggin awesome. Sunday afternoon we're having a body painting photo shoot extraordinaire. Yep. Body paint. Mmm hmm. I hope the pics turn out cool. If they do, and they're not too risque, I'll post some.

I'm off to bed. I'm going to let Duke keep MT's half of the bed warm until he gets home.

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Mrs. S. rambles...

Losing a pet sucks.. I lost my beloved pitbull thirteen years ago and it still stings. He saved my neck once, you know....

Hooray for Duke! He's such a pretty boy!

Oh, I linked to you by the way.. If that's not okay, let me know..

1/19/2007 02:12:00 AM

 
Blogger Justin rambles...

Its really bad to know about MT. I hope Duke is well.
Plz take care of yourself

love you all
justin

1/19/2007 03:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

So sorry to hear about MT and his dog. My heart goes out to you both. It's a super difficult time.

I've seen body paint photos before - they are really cool! I love all forms of art. Will be interesting to hear about it.

1/19/2007 03:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

My sis did the body painting photo shoot thing. She was electric blue and her friend was hot pink. They wore silver wigs....actually turned out very cool. She told me I should try it...very liberating. I'm going to pass.

But I hope you enjoy it!

1/20/2007 09:56:00 AM

 
Blogger Frank Marcopolos rambles...

body paint's the shiznit.

1/20/2007 03:49:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home