round and round...

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The last of its kind


It burnt out. Done. Gone. Expired. Sizzled itself to luminescence for the last time. Flickered on for a brief second and then died in a fiery snap of filament.

I'm talking about the last regular incandescent light bulb in our apartment. The last of the energy suckers, the last of the proportionally large carbon emission emitters.

We're soon to be an entirely CFL home. CFL? Cheese Filled Lunchboxes? Cherry Flavored Leprechauns? No, no, we're talking Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs. Sure, they're more expensive than a regular bulb. You can get a 2pack of reg. bulbs for $3 or a 3 pack of CFLs for $12. It's worth the extra coin, folks. Plus, every incandescent swapped out for a CFL saves half a ton of carbon dioxide over the life of the bulb.

One CFL pays for itself in energy savings in 6 months. 6 months! Shell out the $12 for a 3 pack, people! They'll save you money on your electric bill, they're so much less destructive for the planet... and you won't have to change that pesky kitchen ceiling lightbulb for another 7 years. Can you imagine? Just think of it now - no more tiptoed, precarious perching on that stool while it wobbles back and forth with your every breath... I don't know how it gets better than that.

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Mrs. S. rambles...

Hmmm.. Great idea! I'd love to change bulbs less... I'm also curious as to where I can get one of those cherry flavored leprechauns.. (That made me laugh!)

2/01/2007 03:54:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Oh I am definitely going to seek these out! Thanks for the tip

2/02/2007 02:02:00 PM

 
Blogger Harajuku PearL rambles...

We just love going IKEA when things get blown or anything tat need replacement...toddles..

Pearl

2/04/2007 02:44:00 AM

 
Blogger James Burnett rambles...

We recently started using CFL bulbs too. I wish I could take credit, but it was my wife's idea. I was worried the light output would be so different and significantly less that it would "ruin" things. But light's fine, and I'm glad we made the switch.

2/04/2007 04:20:00 PM

 
Blogger L. Britt rambles...

I just bought my first one.

2/04/2007 04:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

We've replaced a lot of our bulbs with those too. They're great! We have one in the lamp post in front of our home and leave it on 24/7 because it's so dark out front--and it doesn't cost anything more to do so...and it lasts and lasts. They're awesome.

Hmm a cheese filled lunchbox might be okay lol...except it might need to be followed by some major fiber snacks for later LOL

2/05/2007 09:34:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Amen, I'm almost fully switched over to Cherry Flavored Leprachauns too, just waiting for that last old-school sucker to burn out.

2/05/2007 12:20:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home