round and round...

Monday, February 05, 2007


Remember how I kept saying I wished it would get cold because it didn't feel like winter when it was 70 in December? Yeah, so, um... I got my wish. Apparently whining gets you somewhere - it gets you to 9 degrees. 9! NINE! That's it. Only 9. I mean, it's not like Chicago where it's so windy you might lose your whole face if you go out at the wrong time and catch a gust (just ask Retro Girl). It's not like Minnesota where everything freezes... including fast moving waters (Sandra could tell you).

It's not like those places, but it's still cold. Wicked cold, in fact. I had to put both of Duke's jackets on him just to take him outside to pee. Poor thing. That short hair doesn't do much in the way of insulation. I made him another jacket this weekend that covers his belly so he doesn't lose all of his heat that way. Even with both layers he was shivering. He was a chilly dog. Get it? Get it, huh? It was a pun, see. (I made chili for dinner, I guess I've got it on the brain.)

Apparently it's going to be 22 tomorrow and not get above freezing again until Saturday. Be careful what you wish for, people. I think next time I'm going to wish for hundreds of bolts of fabric, or piles and piles of money, or unlimited brownies hot from the oven. Any of those 3 things would be mighty nice. Nicer than the way 9 degrees makes my face feel, anyway.

Random aside: You know what's funny? MT is playing guitar at the moment getting ready for a gig type thing on Saturday. He's just warming up and he always plays difficult things to loosen his hands. Well, right now he's switching from Metallica to Van Halen to Jimi Hendrix to Better Than Ezra. Um, BTE? I love them, don't get me wrong, I love them a lot. It's just pretty funny to hear "Breathless" right after "Along the Watchtower". It's like that Sesame Street game - One of These Things is Not Like the Other.

8 What people are saying:

Blogger Pat rambles...

Yeah -- like I told jenn...

Be careful what you wish for.

We're having a heat wave today -- double digit temps!

2/06/2007 09:10:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

thanks a lot, hoser. we're at -5 today with the windchill. what boobies i had just froze and fell off. i think i'm going to start eating mcdonald's every day so i can get that 40lbs back, because i'm FREEZING without it!

2/06/2007 09:53:00 AM

 
Blogger James Burnett rambles...

It's days like this I'm glad I'm in Miami and no longer Wisconsin. But then I remember I'm surrounded by rude A-holes down here and I crave the nut-freezing cold.

2/06/2007 11:31:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Definitely shoulda wished for piles & piles of money...
Send some of that wintry goodness my way mmkay?

2/08/2007 10:54:00 AM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Nice job with the weather. You're so fired.

2/08/2007 11:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Harajuku PearL rambles...

9 degrees!!!...it will never ever get tat low here in Singapore...

Pearl - PS: drop by the blog sometime..

2/09/2007 12:13:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Wish that you and all your real and bloggy friends wake up Sunday morning to huge stacks of money...tax free money....lol.
(and not monopoly bux)

2/09/2007 02:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Yeah 9 is cold. We're going to get above freezing or at least to 31 they think on Monday. Naked croquet on the lawn anyone?

2/13/2007 04:25:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home