round and round...

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Va va va voooom!


I feel like I've been hit by a truck... and I couldn't love it more! I went to the gym tonight. It's been so long since I went to the gym that I was afraid my card might not work. Seriously. I pay $70 a month to be out of shape and lazy (and overworked and stressed out... but whatever).

Anyway, yesterday I had an epiphany about my body and my sense of self and how the two are inextricably linked that really hit home. I haven't been treating my physical self very well at all lately. I've not been nourishing and exercising this machine they way I should. That said, I worked out at home yesterday and made a lovely, healthy dinner. I decided to take serious strides toward health and getting my ass moving is one of them. Tracking my progress online is another - I have learned that I need a watchdog of sorts. Unfortunately my own will to succeed doesn't cut it. (pathetic)

So, tonight I went to the gym. I went to the gym and I took a class. Historically, I've been embarrassed and took my place near the back in group classes because there's something about lots of sweaty people and 3 walls of mirrors that makes me lose coordination. But today I didn't do that. Today I was smack dab in the middle of the class behind the instructor so I could concentrate and get the most out of it. Here's the fun part - the class is called Strip Bar. It's one of those stripper aerobics classes. It was fantastic! I haven't had that much fun at the gym... well, ever.

I'm sore all over and I love it. I worked every part of my body and I can't wait to go back. The instructor was super cool. Anyone who tells me, "More booty, more booty!" is alright in my book. She was engaging and asked us all questions during the first few minutes of warm up that put us all at ease. There can be a tension in a room full of women sometimes that feels judgmental and very negative - she put an end to that right away and we all had a blast. I'm going again Friday after work. I deserve it.

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Glad you had a good time! "More booty" - you GO girl!

4/12/2007 09:10:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I LOVE that feeling. Good for you!!

4/12/2007 12:39:00 PM

 
Blogger Pam rambles...

Whenever I get the urge to exercise, I lay down until the feeling passes...sometimes. ok, maybe often. So you better give that instructor more booty for me too! Seriously though, it's great that you've found a fitness place that's a blast for you...keep on enjoyin' it!

4/12/2007 04:07:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

That class sounds very interesting, and fun. Wow, you really are strong and dedicated in my book!

I wish I could stick to a fitness/eating plan! I'm very bad about fizzling out after a month or two.

4/12/2007 08:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Stripper aerobics...I always wondered what that would be like, hey if it's fun enough to go back, it's GOOD. Personally, I want a little less booty though.

4/13/2007 02:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Check out my post "Aw shucks"....it's a good read. ;-)

4/13/2007 09:58:00 PM

 
Blogger James Burnett rambles...

gym hurt is definitely good hurt. i think it's cause it comes with the knowledge that it's the result of a (literal) self improvement exercise.

4/16/2007 10:17:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home