round and round...

Monday, January 14, 2008

Food for the crafty soul

If you're a fan of handmade stuff and you haven't checked out Etsy yet, stop reading this and hop on over there. This post will still be here when you get back.

For those of you already familiar with the wonders of Etsy, you might also know they're headquartered in good ol' Brooklyn only a mile and a half from my apartment. I'm heading over tonight for Open Craft Monday. I'm actually getting ready to head out now. My work networks were once again totally screwed... which meant another day with NO work done. My projects are mounting. My emails are through the roof. And I can't get to any of it. Nice. I have all this guilt for being so behind, but none of it is my fault. Why the guilt? I'm a sucker. This is why I need to get out. I need to learn not to take responsibility for everything that happens. Most of it is completely out of my control. No need feeling guilty about something I didn't cause.

I'm off to Etsy Labs to soothe my creative soul and work out some of this nervous energy that's been making me queasy all day.






I might make some more owls.

Labels: , , ,

4 What people are saying:

Blogger Claire Joy rambles...

Hey there. I think your link is screwy. It goes to estsy.com instead of etsy.com (SO not the same thing.) I'm really enjoying your posts. Fresh approach, good thoughts. :)

1/15/2008 10:51:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

claire joy - thanks for spotting that! It's fixed now. ;-) Thanks for the kind words, too. Those never hurt.

1/15/2008 11:07:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Too cute, the owls. I really need to check out Etsy.

1/15/2008 12:29:00 PM

 
Blogger craftpaca rambles...

HI!!!!

I was so happy to see your comment on my post! It was so lovely to meet you and we should totally hang out soon. Are you going to craft night this monday?

Keep up the cute owl work!

xo
julie

1/20/2008 11:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home