round and round...

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WTF, Melissa?

I do something that annoys me. I have always done it and I have always hated it. I wonder if anyone else does it.

When I go on vacation, without fail, I start to think about how sad I'll be when the vacation is over roundabout the second day. As if there is some invisible clock that hangs over my head counting down the seconds, minutes, hours, days until I have to go back home and look reality in the face all over again.

It's day 2. There are 8 left. I woke up this morning with a pang of sadness because I know it will soon be over. I've vowed to put those thoughts out of my mind. They're useless. There is no sense in thinking about the end of the honeymoon when there are 8 glorious days left. I am so ridiculous.

P.S. This clock is in a tiny square we discovered today. We walked past the same streets last year, but we didn't walk down and explore this exact place. Matthew said this clock looked like it could make time stop. For a few moments today I wished that were true.

Labels: , ,

1 What people are saying:

Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I think we all do that. It sucks though, and we should stop it!!

5/09/2008 03:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home