round and round...

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Get it?

Matthew took this photo yesterday. We've been saying how funny it would be to get a pic of the bump under the BUMP sign for months now. Good thing we finally took one. No clue how much longer there will be a bump instead of a baby. Been having contractions on and off since last week. Really looking forward to actual labor. Since Thursday I've been 1 centimeter dilated and in a holding pattern. I've been trying to keep my mind off of things as much as possible, but it's hard. Being calm and letting go of anxiety when every move you make is uncomfortable is not easy.

Labels: ,

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

No, it's not easy. I will promise you this .... within 2 weeks, all this will be the farthest think from your mind and it will remain that way for a long, long time to come. Well, except when you attend baby showers where the chatter is all about this moment!!

3/08/2009 07:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

How exciting!!
Sorry things are getting uncomfy...but it won't be too much longer now! :-) You're probably gonna meet your little precious one before I do...I'll be thinkin of you...keeping you in my prayers! Keep us posted!!

3/08/2009 09:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Lyn - That's what I'm hoping for! I just want this waiting game to be a memory... one that I don't think about often. ;-)

Retro Girl - We'll see... we still might be getting kidlets at the same time!

3/08/2009 11:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

You will be glad to have this pic one day! I am glad you have such a positive attitude toward labor/birth. I was SCARED TO DEATH.

3/09/2009 09:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Sepiatonz rambles...

Awwww look at you Melissa. You look so cute!

3/09/2009 11:12:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Patti - Oh honey, I have moments of fear, I do. Luckily, they're fleeting. My only real fear is that I will cave in and go for the drugs that I've worked so hard to avoid. I just really want to do this the "right way" for me and that includes as little medical intervention as needed. That's why the whole strep B thing was so annoying. But hey, not the end of the world!

Safa - Thanks, Safa!!! I feel a little like a whale at the moment. I felt pretty cute until last week when all of a sudden my ankles and any discernable jawline I had decided to make a run for the hills. They've since been replaced with pudgy, swollen versions of their former selves. ;-)

3/09/2009 12:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Kerri. rambles...

You look exquisite.

Okay, that is all. :)

3/09/2009 03:13:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home