round and round...

Sunday, June 18, 2006

1 Weekend, 4 New Shirts

There must have been a surge in creative energy in the Brooklyn area atmosphere this weekend. I reworked 4 shirts, patched a pair of jeans, repaired a shirt for a friend, wrote like mad, went out with friends, brunched, went to a street fair, wrote my name in the sand w/my toes (went to the beach... twice!) and generally had a really, really excellent time. There's nothing like getting to see people you love and getting to spend some quality alone time in the same couple of days. It gives you time to be inspired and time to put that inspiration to work.

Here's one of the shirts. I bought it from a booth at the street fair today. It was an XL t-shirt, now it's a sweet little me-sized shirt w/a pleated ruffle at the hem.



I think I'll wear it tomorrow. The screenprint image is the poster from an old movie called Three Bad Sisters. It says "What they did to men was nothing compared to what they did to each other" over an illustration of a catfight. The women in the drawing are dressed in typical 50s style dresses. The clothing is conservative and demure, which totally belies their nastiness. So deliciously awesome. Kitsch and sex on the same shirt - yum.

7 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

De GORGEOUS!!!!
Rach

6/19/2006 12:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

So sweet! I love it!

6/19/2006 01:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Meme rambles...

Wow! I absolutely LOVE the little ruffley bit at the bottom. I want one!!!!

6/19/2006 02:56:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

I want a ruffle too!!

(do I?)

6/20/2006 09:03:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Col, you totally want a ruffle. You can wear it next time you fall asleep on the train in Harlem. (no, you're never going to live that down)

I really appreciate the feedback, you guys. Puts a big smile on my face, that's for sure.

6/20/2006 09:42:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Whoa!!! I would seriously buy that! You're great!

6/20/2006 02:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Rangga rambles...

wow, this's awesome. very creative

6/21/2006 11:26:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home