round and round...

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ducks

This is the best example of the ducks. What are the ducks, you ask? The ducks are graffiti that pops up around Miami's Design District on various buildings. They are usually loners, this is the first example I've seen of a duck trio. When I lived there I often wondered who the duck artist was but I could never find any info on the artist or the ducks. I even posted on craigslist trying to find out the identity of the duck creator and what his/her motivation was.

This is a new duck creation. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually wish I were there to see it. I miss the ducks. I spent a lot of time pondering them when I lived there. In a strange way they kept me company. Every time I saw a new one it renewed some sort of hope in me. I can't really describe it. I'm sure I sound like a nut for developing such an attachment to graffiti I know nothing about, but they provided me with some solace in times of despair and that's worth a lot in my book.

Ducks. Hmm.

6 What people are saying:

Blogger L. Britt rambles...

I think it's interesting that the duck in the middle has dead eyes and is facing the opposite direction of the other two. Something else to ponder...

And I totally understand contemplating graffiti. There was this guy who would chalk different sayings on the sidewalks of NYC. (I've forgotten his name.) But every time I read one, I meditated on it a little. It always made me stop and think...hard to do in this fast-ass city.

8/06/2006 05:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I was fixated on certain Grafitti in Boston. See, you're not so strange after all. Wait, we're the weirdos who want a pink Pacer and love Melissa Bank LOL

8/07/2006 11:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Someone's tagging everything with a rabbit here in Mpls and I've tried to find out more about it too, but these guys live in shadows.

8/07/2006 12:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

They're cute...

Nothing exciting around here like that...but I do live in East Freakin Podunk too....lol

8/07/2006 10:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Fish rambles...

there used to be a flock of life size plastic cows in a field in Milton Keynes - until they were stolen. They make cameo appearances from time to time on top of buildings, railway bridges, motorway slip roads...

8/08/2006 11:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

I'm SO thankful I'm not the only one interested in seemingly strange public works of art... or absurdity. Thanks, everyone.

I really do miss those ducks.

8/08/2006 07:43:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home