round and round...

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Well, if I get hit by a bus...


at least I won't have to avoid the emergency room (a la the time I sliced into my thumb w/a serrated knife while cutting a bagel and should have gotten stitches but didn't, resulting in much blood and a yucky scar) or be forced into bankruptcy (read: what would have happened if I'd have gone to get stitched). I've got health insurance again (and it's not an HMO - yay!). My ID card came in the mail today. I feel like an adult. Before I moved to Miami last year I had never been without it. It's been a year since I've had insurance (almost to the day) and I must say I don't plan on going without ever again. I was nervous all the time. Not in a pervasive every-minute-of-the-day kind of way, but if I felt myself coming down with something I would worry until it went away that it would be something that would land me in the hospital. If for some reason I actually do come down with something I can go to the doctor now and not break my bank account.

On another note - it's freaking hot, dudes. 100 degrees is too hot. I have no energy and I'm a sweatball. Gross. The subway is indescribable. Trust me, you don't want to know. I wish I didn't.

Yours truly,
Princess Parenthetical

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

It's mass hot here in Chicago too...

I'm sure the subway is nasty hot and stinky about now....thank god no one sat on you....(again)...lol

Try and stay cool...

8/03/2006 10:56:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

I got my health insurance on July 1, and I seriously comtemplated jumping out of a window to celebrate. So I can understand your relief.

And I'm really glad that I'm not in NY right now.

8/04/2006 05:02:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

If it helps, Montreal if foul as well - tropical, in a way - hot, humid, stemy, in the upper 90's....& it POURS every night so the laundry gets moldy & no one can sleep on the back porch.
& this is Canada. Oy.
xoxo Rach

8/04/2006 09:55:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Oh jeez! I can't even imagine the smell on the subway when it's that hot. At least on the bus I can crack a window.

8/04/2006 12:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I know EXACTLY how you feel, I went without health insurance for awhile and it was, well, nerve wracking! Glad you are covered but hope you don't have any reason to use it. I feel ya on the subway thing. Oy!

8/04/2006 02:54:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home