round and round...

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Leaps of faith

"If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time, and build your wings on the way down." -Ray Bradbury

Well, love affairs are delicious. Friendships make the world go 'round. And my business is growing. I've jumped, and I'm learning how to build better wings all the time. Isn't that all we can hope for? To jump and land softly, or at least not hard enough to kill us?

P.S. Added a new jacket to inventory. The Hunting Jacket has Asian influences (kimono sleeves), fluted rib and back details, button closure and a wacky print (see those pheasants? see the hunters trying to shoot the pheasants?).

8 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Melissa I love the jacket - definitely go with kooky prints!

7/01/2006 09:38:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

YOU KICK ASS!!!!
xo-Rach

7/02/2006 03:56:00 AM

 
Blogger kmtaylor rambles...

Gorgeous jacket! I may need one of these also! I'm loving the fluted back!

7/02/2006 09:38:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I agree - it's all about the leap. And you did it. Love the jacket!

7/02/2006 05:57:00 PM

 
Blogger Pam rambles...

I love the fluted back and funky hem stitch!

Most of all, I admire the strength you're finding in your wings : )

7/03/2006 03:34:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Pam, that means a lot to me. Thank you. Thank you very much for saying that.

7/03/2006 03:45:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

You ARE Amazing! So talented!! This jacket is fresh, new and very beautiful!! I agree--go with funky, bright, and whimsical prints..

Self realization, and the confidence and determination to see your dreams through make you a truly amazing woman!!

Go Girl!!!

7/03/2006 08:46:00 AM

 
Blogger Deadly Female rambles...

Wow, things are going so well for you! Good for you, girl!

7/06/2006 09:41:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home