round and round...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

NatalieDee was right...

nataliedee.com

I've been sewing like a fiend. It's excellent. Launched a temporary website until a more comprehensive one can be built. This has been in the works for a long time, and now it's actually coming to fruition. It's one thing to dream of something and have big plans, it's entirely another to take the baby steps required to get there.

These past couple weeks have been monumental. Let's just quickly go over the high points:

  • Got to spend a whole day w/a friend who makes me smile and laugh and think and everything a friend should do. Even went to a street fair. Plus, we got to meet another friend's ex-g/f. Interesting stuff.

  • Had one of my shirts featured on a t-shirt website. (YES!) t-shirt island... scroll down a few days and you'll see it. Cool site this guy's got.

  • Met Daniel Vosovic (yes, THE Daniel V. from Project Runway season 2) and he gave me some really positive feedback about the shirt I was wearing (which I made the night before) and generally gave me some really solid career advice.

  • I launched the first incarnation of my website. 3 people who I love very much told me they're proud of me - and they meant it. That's a feeling beyond words.

  • I started a new day job. It's been 2 days and I mildly despise only one person who works there. One! It's awesome!

  • Made dinner at home more than I ate out or ordered in.

  • Got to hang out with a friend from Miami who is a really incredible person and I'm thankful to know him. He & his b/f are having a little bit of a tough time and I hope everything works out because this man deserves to be loved.

  • In a month I get to take a road trip (in an actual car, no bus this time!)to DC and see Kristie. That day can't come soon enough.

7 What people are saying:

Blogger L. Britt rambles...

Wanna hear something funny and sad at the same time? When I read your first bullet, I had no idea you were talking about me. I thought you were talking about MT. I only clicked on the link because I thought MT had a blog or something. Thanks.

6/28/2006 08:56:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

I'm glad things are going swimmingly for you honey! You deserve it

6/28/2006 09:45:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I peeked at your website - it's actually very cool. I love the color and font. AND I LOVE the halter t-shirt!

6/28/2006 11:41:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

Yeah, I want to buy some of this stuff. I seriously heart the kanagaroo pocket on the T.

6/28/2006 12:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

What an amazing week...Congrats on everything going so well, and having a great time with your friends :-)

Wow -- Meeting Daniel V. and getting the chance to chat with him and good feedback!! You deserve all the best!!

Wishing you continued success!!

6/28/2006 04:49:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

Add me to the list of proud folks. I'm gonna pimp your designs so hard when I blow up...

6/28/2006 08:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Pam rambles...

What a great week!

Wishing you continued joy and success on this journey...it all sounds so exciting! : )

6/30/2006 04:51:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home