round and round...

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I love you, pupster.



The man sent me this video over the weekend. I'm so thankful he did. He recorded it about a year ago.

I'm going to see him & Duke this weekend. The news so far is not good about my pupster's health and I have a feeling this weekend will be a memorial. I feel like my heart is breaking into tiny pieces and there's nothing to fix it. I have to put on a brave face this Friday, look into Duke's big, droopy face and tell him I love him. Thank him for being such a good dog. Thank him for being my boy. Tell him he's been nothing but joy for me. Let him know he's made a difference in my life. All I can manage to do right now is keep the tears from shorting out my laptop. I'm not even doing a good job at that.

Labels: , ,

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Jess rambles...

My little cotton puff, I am SO sorry. Pets always have such a special place in your heart, I hate that you are going through this. It is so difficult not to get attached to those little bundles of joy because they are the most loyal, most loving creatures. Roxy threw up today and she just looked at me all sad and thought she was in trouble... I just knelt down (as best I could) and just hugged her. They are just so innocent, I wish they could live forever.

I love you honey and just know that anyone that reads this completely understands what you are going through.

8/23/2006 05:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Jess is right...we all understand. And we know there's nothing really that can be said to help you right now. Except - I understand and am so sorry.

8/23/2006 09:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Sapphire rambles...

*swallows lump in throat*

I hate these moments. Pets are so good to us, unconditionally.

*hugs*

8/23/2006 09:24:00 PM

 
Blogger Pam rambles...

*more hugs*

I'll be thinking of you this weekend.........

8/24/2006 10:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

My heart is with you Melissa...*HUGS* I couldn't help but tear up, watching the video...what a great dog. I am so sorry..I know how hard this is. Only very special people understand what it is like to love a dog like he is family...and understand what you're going through.

Give him all your love and heart, as he has done for you....remember all the wonderful memories and good times--you'll always have him in your heart.

Take care

8/24/2006 12:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home