round and round...

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ridiculous

I have a week and a half before we leave for a week in Paris and I'm beginning to freak out about what to pack. I have no idea what to wear to make myself look the least like a dumb American. Help! I mean, can I just wear my normal New York stuff? I don't know! I've never done this international thing before. I have this perception that people in Paris are infinitely cooler than I am and I must figure out what to clothe myself in so as not to feel like a complete dunce the entire time.

P.S. I'm aware that this is a totally ridiculous thing to be concerned with. So far that's not stopped me.

8 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Girl you need to stop. People in Paris are NOT cooler than you. Wear what makes you feel "good" that way you will exude confidence! Bon Voyage Sweetie!

5/03/2007 08:23:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I feel ya! I'm doing the same thing about London. And I don't even have cool New York stuff...I'm from the midwest. Everything is dungarees and flannel.

Just kidding. :-)

5/03/2007 12:19:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Patti - You're sweet. And I know you're pretty much right... I just need to wear what I like and I'll be a-ok. I'm still nervous about it. I'm an idiot.

Jenn - I'm not your kind of idiot, though. No one else is that crazy... I still have a hard time believing that man can function at a high enough level to keep breathing. But seriously, you'll be fine in your dungarees and flannel midwestern garb just like I'll be fine in my all-black-all-the-time NYC gear. *snort*

5/03/2007 11:18:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Jeans-n-t-shirts

International casual.

:grin:

5/04/2007 09:38:00 AM

 
Blogger James Burnett rambles...

Yeah, listen to patti_cake. Folks in Paris are definitely not cooler than you. They may carry more of an air of sophistication than some Americans. But I've traveled to Paris many times. And in terms of personalities, the only consistent thing I found was that people were infinitely ruder and infinitely more arrogant than most Americans I know. And Pat's right too. Jeans and tees will work just fine.

5/05/2007 09:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

You are gonna go there...and find that you are WAY hotter and way cuter than those french people anyway heheh!! Fahgettaboutit!! lol. You'll be fine...you'll have an amazing time!!! (Can't wait to see the pics!)

5/06/2007 07:38:00 PM

 
Blogger The Rover rambles...

If it makes you feel any better, I saw a gaggle of French teenagers today clad in NEW YORK sweatshirts. I swear, all of their clothing had English words on them. So, I think you can wear whatever you want.

5/06/2007 11:51:00 PM

 
Blogger Pam rambles...

Here's another vote for Wear What You Want! : )

I have visited Paris many times and am happy to tell you that I have not experienced a rude or arrogant French person there. At least no more so than any other place I have visited.

Enjoy!

5/10/2007 02:34:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home