round and round...

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rumbly rumbly in my tumbly

Been sick since yesterday afternoon. The guts are not cooperating with me. I was in and out of the bathroom for hours last evening and then again overnight. Cramping, sharp pains, all the nasty feelings that go along with intestinal distress are working hard to ruin my day. It's my IBS acting up. For months it's been fine. Not one episode in the last 6 months. It's the longest period of wellness I've had in the past 5 years. Until yesterday, that is.

It's stress induced, and with all this worry about my job and my dissatisfaction with my professional situation my digestive system has had enough and is now staging a protest. This is my signal to calm down, to relax, to only do what I can do and not worry about the rest.

So why is it so much easier said than done? Why can't I just let stuff go? I don't want to be worried about things that don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, and yet I am. I worry and stress out to the point of physical harm to myself. You'd think I'd learn how to control this. I thought I had. The last 6 months had been so good. Now I feel like I've let myself down.

Labels: ,

2 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

The only advice I can offer are cliche's so I won't...well except for "don't sweat the small stuff". When I would feel overwhelmed with many worries I used to write down every single thing that was cluttering up my mind. I would give each issue (sometimes 20 or more) 3 minutes of lamenting then cross it off the list. If it required more time I would carry it over to the next day but only give it 2 minutes, etc. It kind of worked for me. Oh, thanks for the comment you left on the body mod post...a whole thing this is apparently. Btw, what is 'stretching'?....you know what, nevermind:)

1/17/2008 10:57:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Blogging about my job has made it so much less stressful. Find the humor in your stress and work with it. Get a voodoo doll or a dartboard, seriously.

I hope you feel better anyway.

1/17/2008 09:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home