round and round...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Patience is a virtue... which I lack.

Word on the street is that I'll be getting a job offer as a result of that kickass second interview I had yesterday morning. It's not official until I have something in my inbox or a phone call, but it's coming. Lucky for me, "the street" the word is on happens to be my own since my dear friend and neighbor is the one with the insider info.

Trick is, I'm fighting with myself every second that passes not to quit my job. I don't have an offer yet, I can't quit my job without an offer. But man, oh man do I want to!

I know 2 weeks' notice is customary. I have usually given more - typically closer to a month. I like my employers to be prepared and to have ample time to get my replacement up to speed before I haul ass out of there. This time, though, I don't think I'll do even the full 2 weeks. If I get an offer tomorrow, I'll give my notice and make next Friday my last day. I can't stomach this company for longer than that. It's a courtesy and since they've shown me none to speak of I think a week & 1/2 is ample time.

Labels: , , , ,

3 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Girl, you do what you have to do. Considering some of the treatment you've received there, I wouldn't give it a second thought!

Good luck! I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!

5/13/2008 09:39:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Lynilu - It's so funny (read: irritating) that I know for a fact that I will feel guilty, even though I know it's OK that I don't give them 2 full weeks. I will feel guilty even though they've hung me out to dry more times than I can count. I really wish I could get over this compulsion to make sure everyone likes me. Not everyone needs to like me. I will be perfectly alright if some people don't keep in contact with me after I leave. The friendships I've made here are lasting ones and those people will understand. Everyone else's opinion should be irrelevant... but I still consider it. Ugh. The Disease To Please... I have it.

5/14/2008 09:23:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

A quote I re-quote a lot:

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

5/14/2008 01:06:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home