round and round...

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Yawn

Working full time and being a parent of a 3 month old is hard. It's great, but it's really hard. I'm trying to nurture as much of me the individual as I can, but there are challenges every step of the way these days. I sort of miss me.

3 What people are saying:

Anonymous Naomi rambles...

Mel, I've known you almost 10 years (!!!). You're one of the strongest people I have ever met, and I know you can face and conquer this new chapter head on. You'll find the perfect way to balance both of these versions of yourself into one new 'super you'. :)

6/04/2009 08:17:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

I hear ya. I was just talking to Nick this morning about how I get all nostalgic when I see throngs of people sitting on patios for happy hour. That used to be me. And I sort of still miss that me. But me now is a different version. It's a tough road...but great like you said.

6/04/2009 10:35:00 AM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Ditto...
I miss 'moving freely about the cabin' and miss the old me too. Mothering is hard work, I agree. (I miss working, and adult conversations, too. I know it's hard being away from him, but it's good for you both, really).

I think our old selves are in there somewhere...they'll be back when our boys are a bit older. We just have to get used to the newer versions of ourselves, the new lives...

6/04/2009 04:59:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home