round and round...

Thursday, September 07, 2006

zonk


I'm going to take a long, long nap. I've just gotten back from the doctor's office where he did an endoscopy to see what's wrong with my digestive tract. See that black tube right there? That was all down my throat, into my stomach and the top of my small intestine this morning.

So far I've got (boy, do I wish this list were fake!) acid reflux, a hernia at the base of my stomach, irritable bowel syndrome and a vitamin deficiency. Awesome! In a couple weeks I have to have a colonoscopy. What fun! In the mean time I get to go get more blood work done, go to a lab and crap in a jar, then schedule more time off from work. This is fantastic. Oh yeah, I have to pick up Zantac, Metamucil and some probiotic supplement that's supposed to regulate the function of my intestines. He thinks I might have ciliac disease and perhaps something worse than IBS. I'm starting to think this is what it must have been like for Jess in the beginning before all her awful intestinal stuff happened.

I've never had anesthesia before today and I gotta tell ya - it's weird. I'm really hoping that when I drifted off to dreamland I didn't say anything about the doc's hideous tie. I was thinking about how ugly his tie was when I passed out and I've got a funny feeling I said something to him about it.

But really, someone who loves him should have taken some action. Don't let your loved ones leave the house looking a mess. It's cruel.

I'm off to sleep for a good few hours. Oh, and fart. I'm sure I'll fart a lot. I feel like they practically inflated me with that scope! I'm all full of bubbles. Yuck.

Labels: ,

5 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Between you crapping in a jar and the farting, well Melissa you're every ten year old boys dream girl! LOL

9/07/2006 03:24:00 PM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Since we're sharing here... :-)

A couple years ago I got salmonela poisoning but didn't know what it was so had to go through all that testing. I remember I was freaked out because I had to fly to San Francisco and was sure I wouldn't be able to manage the long flight. The doc said he'd need to take a 'stool sample'...I was sort of ok with that til they gave me the 'kit'. It was like a chemistry set...vials and tubes. I was supposed to go in the tubes and then mix something or other up in the vials and then return it to the doctor.

I never did it. I was going to work then the airport...and I couldn't get up the nerve to throw the chemistry set down on the bathroom counter at work and get to it. No way. :-)

Good luck to you...I hope they figure something out soon!

9/07/2006 10:29:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Ugh, that sucks. I will have to come by avec naturopathic remedies pour toi.
I missed your birthday. I suck. Happy belated.
Farting is funny.
xo
Rach

9/08/2006 04:30:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Happy belated birthday! *hugs*

Hope all gets better...Am thinking of you...

I had that scope thing last year. The anesthesia is kinda weird, I agree. My throat was froggy the next day too. I was told simply that I had no ulcer, but did have a mild hiatal hernia but nothing they could do for it. Well, thanks for nothin'...hmm. (A year later I still have weird tummy aches...one of these days, I'm gonna go see someone again...maybe).

Take care

9/08/2006 05:22:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I don't know what's going on but I've met 4 or 5 people going through this gamut of tests for exactly the same thing, and the results come back all ambiguous. What is going on!!!! God, I hope they figure it out for you.

9/12/2006 01:31:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home