round and round...

Friday, May 11, 2007

So quiet


It's 12:44AM. I just finished working. Gah. I'm tired and lonely and a bit sad. MT is on the road up to his parents' house to drop Duke off for the week while we're in Paris. His folks are super great - they love Duke and Duke adores them. Plus, they have MT's dog, Allen, whom Duke loves like no other. Allen has lived with them since shortly 9/11/01 when MT realized upon finally being given entry to his apartment in TriBeCa 3 months after the attack that a place covered with 3" of dead people dust is no place for a pooch to live. Ah, New York. *sigh*

Anyway, Allen loves Providence and he's completely blissed out living with the grandparents. Papa T takes him running every day and treats him like a son. Duke loves the grandparents, too, but not as much as he loves to follow Allen around like he's the coolest thing ever. He licks Allen's face and Allen puts up with it, albeit in an annoyed sort of way. Ridiculously cute stuff.

So, both my guys are gone tonight. Of course the house is making noises that I never notice when they're both home and I'm eerily awake for it being pretty late. I have a feeling I'll have a fairly restless night.

I miss my men. The hairy one and the other hairy one.

2 What people are saying:

Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

it's nice to have men to miss though, miss. :)
and i have NO sympathy for you- you're going to pair-eeee!!! hee hee

5/11/2007 03:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

Cute pic!!

It's always hard being apart from your "family" - your lovin' man and puppy. I know *hugs*

My man leaves for China this Thursday, for a week. I am not looking forward to it...but at least I have my furry kid Lucie to keep me company. I'm hoping I'll get some inspiration and really dig into some artsy projects while the man's gone...

5/14/2007 09:10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home