round and round...

Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

And then another... and another... and another...

Tomorrow morning I fly out to Seattle at 6AM. Yeah, I know. 6AM. The kicker is that it's not even a direct flight. I have to go the entire way across the country and my company didn't even spring for a direct flight. But wait, it gets better.

Wednesday morning (again at 6AM) I fly down to San Jose to go see my client. Later that afternoon I fly back to Seattle. I actually get to stay in Seattle all day Thursday with no flights anywhere else. On Friday I fly home... on the redeye. But wait, it gets better.

The redeye isn't a direct flight, either. Yeah, I know. I connect at Dulles. Funny thing is, if I had a longer layover my mom could meet me for breakfast on Saturday morning at the airport before I fly back to JFK.

6 flights in a 4 day period. One redeye. One pissed off Melissa. To make it worse, the whole time I'm out there I have to put on this happy face like everything's fine and I love my job and I'm the chipper, positive, little cheerleader they need me to be. They're looking to me to infuse this group of people with energy and enthusiasm. Unfortunately for them, they've missed their window. Their cheerleader isn't even watching the game anymore. The only thing she's concerned with is when it's going to end.

I'm off to Etsy Labs for a bit to exercise my creative parts and cleanse my soul of this very corporate day. Perhaps Julie will be there again. She's great. Crafty people tend to rule.

Labels:

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

You're going to be one tired girl when it's all said and done! Whew!
My hubby does alot of plane/train jumping in China...once he gets there, he takes like 2-hour flights and train rides around the region, calling on his suppliers. He's always exhausted when he gets home. I admire you both - that takes alot guts and determination!

I'm so jealous--you are very fortunate to have access to Etsy Labs and to meet so many amazing creative people!

1/22/2008 08:36:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Safe flights my little cheerleader!

1/22/2008 02:29:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home