round and round...

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ball & Chain

I love being married. It's new. It feels great. There's this sense of wonder that accompanies my newly married status. My relationship with my now husband hasn't really changed. We were living together before. We were totally committed to each other. We planned on a future together that includes kids and the whole nine yards. We are each other's family. Getting married didn't make a difference in the way we see each other or treat each other.

But something is different. Something is more important. Seems like there's this part of us that is officially "in it" now. It's strange. I used to think getting married wasn't a necessary part of life for me. I didn't think that the piece of paper with the state seal on it made much of a difference if the commitment was already there.

But then I married my husband. I married him and realized that this is what I wanted all along. It's an amazing feeling.

Labels: , ,

2 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

Beautiful, amazing, isn't it? I hope you enjoy this relationship for a long, long time. My parents were married 69 years before they left this world, just three weeks apart. It was not always easy, but one could not ignore how they loved each other.

Never quit working on it. Work is essential, but ohhhh, so worth it.

Happiness and love to your both.

5/18/2008 11:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Marriage is there for a reason. It's not the be all/end all for some but to me, I feel the same "special-ness" (made up word alert!)that you do. I think it's all in the one you marry!

5/19/2008 10:31:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home