round and round...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Check, check... 1, 2, 1, 2

This and this and this all display varying degrees of my lack of patience. As if I needed to make it just a little more obvious...

It's only 9:28AM and I started checking my cell phone obsessively every few minutes around 7:30 just to make sure I haven't missed a phone call from HR at the company I hope will be making me an offer today.

I am pathetic.

At least I am aware of my own pathetic state. That might constitute progress on some level.

The previous sentence might constitute an utterly ridiculous attempt at justification.

Maybe.

**UPDATE**
I GOT THE OFFER. I got the call and the offer was superb, better than I'd hoped, actually. I've called my old NYC boss and told her about my resignation, but I haven't been able to get in touch with my current boss because she's been in meetings ever since she got online this morning. I'm making next Friday my last day and I'm not starting the new job until 6/2. That means I'll have a full week off between jobs. I've never done that before. I've always ended on a Friday and started the next gig on Monday. Not this time! This time I essentially gave myself a hefty raise, better benefits, and a week's vacay. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 What people are saying:

Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Good luck! I'll be thinking good thoughts for ya!

5/14/2008 10:53:00 AM

 
Blogger Jenn rambles...

Totally counts as progress.

Crossing my fingers for ya.

5/14/2008 11:00:00 AM

 
Blogger Unknown rambles...

Hahaha - maybe.

5/14/2008 12:09:00 PM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

This is fab and very deserved news!

i can't wait for my own similar story one day. :)

5/14/2008 01:22:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

YAY!

5/15/2008 12:37:00 AM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I've done the time off between jobs thing and think that is the way to go. A week of doing things you enjoy is what you need to COMPLETELY forget the old place, and then go into the new one fresh and ready to start. Congrats!

5/15/2008 12:51:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

Thought I'd stop by and check you out after that informative PSA!!!

Congrats on quitting....congrats on the new job. Enjoy your week off.

5/15/2008 05:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home