round and round...

Monday, May 19, 2008

5 days

This week is going to either fly by or drag like an old, blind snail with a limp.

It is my last week of work with the Awful Company. These are the last 5 days I'll be working for the organization which has done nothing but screw up my job for the past 8 months.

Remember when they announced they were closing the office and gave us all an end date for our employment? Psych! How about a month later when they asked some of us to stay and work remotely? Then the office closed and no provisions were made to move everyone's equip home, so Matthew drove into the city and moved 4 people into their home offices in Brooklyn without so much as a "thanks" from the company. Good times. Oh yeah, what about the day that I found out the useless woman who stole my plant got a massive promotion (yes, you read that right - a grown, professional woman stole my plant)? I especially liked the day we had a stress management seminar... which was so poorly done it was hilarious. I clearly remember the day they were supposed to pay me my bonus and then didn't, which meant I had to scramble to figure out how to pay for our wedding.

I will finish this week no matter how fast or slow it goes and then I will take a well deserved week off. I know I just took a honeymoon, so it might seem silly to say the time off is "well deserved", but I need this time. I need to, paraphrasing Lynilu here, shake off the crap before I start anew. I want to start my new job fresh and ready to jump in and get my hands dirty, not exhausted and frazzled, still coming down from the frenzy of Awful Company.

Labels: , , ,

8 What people are saying:

Blogger Lynilu rambles...

On your last day, get all your personal things in the car, go back inside to Useless Woman's office, pick up your plant and in a loud voice, say "Thank you for taking care of my plant." Then walk ... or skip ... out!! Whistling at this point is optional, but highly recommended!

:D

5/19/2008 01:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Lynilu - HA! If we still had an office to go to, believe me, I'd be doing that! I actually walked into her office before we closed up shop and took the plant back. She didn't say a word. What a weirdo.

5/19/2008 01:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Retro Girl rambles...

I can't believe the gall of some people...literally Looting people's offices. They used to do that at my old office, whenever anyone left. They'd fight over stuff they found...*shaking my head*

Sounds like some real dimwits let the company spin out of control and right down the drain...shame you had to bear the brunt of their poor management along the way. You're too good for them - they're losing a brilliant young lady and it's their own fault. Sorry you (and Matthew) had to go through all of this as they buckled...

5/20/2008 08:54:00 AM

 
Blogger Monogram Queen rambles...

Oh you definitely need and deserve some time to shake the bad crap from your shoes and go on to the better job! You didn't by any chance work for Crying Cow did you? It's beginning to sound more and more like it! LOL

5/20/2008 11:45:00 AM

 
Blogger Anisa rambles...

the end is in sight...you can do it! and please take me with you!

5/20/2008 11:46:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous rambles...

congrats on departing the bad company. always a refreshing feeling.

5/20/2008 10:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Minnesota Nice rambles...

I just can't get past someone stealing a plant. People!

5/21/2008 11:32:00 AM

 
Blogger Melissa rambles...

Retro Girl - Man, that was good to read! It's funny, with each day that passes my decision to leave based on their incompetance and pathetic employee relations is cemented over and over. They keep doing things that are completely ridiculous. They won't learn.

Patti - At times I've wondered if Crying Cow bought Awful Company and no one told me!

Anisa - You're right - the end is in sight and that makes it so much easier!

James - Like a tall drink of water!

Sandra - It was a shock to me, too! One of the most pathetic things I've ever witnessed. She's a bit touched, though, so I'm sure stealing my plant was the mildest of her infractions.

5/21/2008 11:38:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home